- My new Gold’s Gym opened this week. I’ve been going to the little one in Woodstock since…oh…’99, I think? I love the classes (BodyCombat and Pump are my faves – oh, and RPM). The new equipment is nice, but I do miss the intimacy of the old gym – where you were on top of everyone and had no choice but to make friends. We’ll see how things go…
- Speaking of gymgoing, I had my physical yesterday. My resting heartrate? 56. The nurse advised me that’s abnormally low. I told her I once had a nurse ask me if I was actually alive. Heh. Low heartrate gal – that’s me!
- I’m rooting for Britney.
- My Green Mountain Coffee Roasters shipment of K-Cups arrived today. I’m on the ‘recurrent delivery plan.’ Unfortunately, I never make it the 3 weeks without running out, so I have to go to Target to buy extra. Note to self: Add a couple of boxes to the recurrent delivery.
- Our Japanese Maple has leaf buds. Hallelujah! Last fall we transplanted it (with the aid of our truck – those suckers have LONG roots!) away from right in front of our door (stupid location) to the front corner. Then it was a wait and see – they traditionally don’t transplant well. Apparently ours did.
- What is with our weather? I NEED good weather on the weekends, but (yet again) it’s going to be sunny all week and rainy this weekend. Boo!
- You know the day you go into Target and they have all the summer things out? The bubbles and yard toys and folding chairs and sand scoopers? Yeah…makes me happy, too.
- Speaking of Target, I bought this rug for Ava’s room to go with her Happy Flower bedding:
It looks SO adorable. I spend a lot of time in perfectly-decorated nurseries, and was starting to feel like a bad mom. 😉 I bought her the curtains, too. Just haven’t put them up yet.
- Can someone explain to me why toddlers must whine non-stop from the time they get up from their afternoon nap until the SECOND they hear Daddy pull into the driveway?
- And, lastly…When we put in this retaining wall in our backyard to create a flat play area, I’m not really sure THIS is what we had in mind…
Yes, I see you. Stinker. 😉