I don’t typically make resolutions because – let’s be honest – who keeps them anyway, right?
But this year I have some – let’s just call them GOALS, shall we? Then maybe I’ll be more likely to keep the darned things.
Here are mine:
1. Stay relatively current with my bookkeeping. I know a lot of you are small business owners, but if not: You would not BELIEVE the amount of bookkeeping is involved. Sales taxes, property taxes, federal and state taxes, records, insurance, mileage, business licenses, receipts, paperwork, filing, archival storage, blah blah blah. I use Quickbooks to keep my records, and I’m woefully negligent. I usually panic when my sales taxes are due and bribe Aidan with video games to sit here and help me catch up. This year I VOW to do my bookkeeping once a month. (Somewhere off in GE land I can hear Vic laughing.)
2. Keep more regular “office” hours. One of the joys of my job is working from home – the downside is I never leave work. HA! Due to repeated requests from my family, I’m going to try to keep more regular working hours. It won’t be easy for me, since I’m an unrepentant workaholic (I love my job, what can I say?), but I’m going to try.
3. Take more pictures of my kids. It’s funny – so many clients ask me if I take tons of pictures of Aidan and Ava. And I just don’t. I rarely pull out the camera at home. I even bought a point-and-shoot camera so I’d take more – but I don’t love the quality so it collects dust.
4. Tell their stories. Goes along with #3. I used to <ahem> scrapbook. But haven’t in a good 3 years now. Aidan has 19 (yes, 19) books. Ava has…3. I know, I know! Bad mom alert! My goal is to compile pages and text to go into a once-a-year deluxe album. We’ll see how I do with that.
5. Reconnect with old friends. Goes along with #2. That would be YOU, Terry and Roxanne! Do you hear me?!?
6. Post about more random things here on ye old blog. Over the years, I’ve blogged about books, cooking, Vic’s furniture projects, etc. etc. And while it might bore the majority of you to tears (sorry), I think our family would enjoy it since they’re all stuck in the cold tundra of the north many, many miles away. I could start a separate personal blog, but that would require 7 resolutions – <cough> – GOALS – and I think 6 is enough for now. And as my clients well know, what you see with me is what you get – I’m not exactly a shrinking violet, eh?
And now, since a post is useless without pictures, here I am working on #3:
With her blanket and my new child’s chair (forgot to take the tag off – oops!)
Hey, I always say pets are family, right?
Happy Thursday, everyone!