UPDATE: I am very sad to report this beautiful and historic barn was destroyed in a terrible storm in May 2019. I'm so glad I was able to photographer her while she still stood proudly.
What a story! In the late 1870s, a carpet manufacturing innovator was told by his doctor that a Thoroughbred farm would be great for his health. Thus the Sandford Stud Farm was born. In the Upstate New York/Saratoga region, the name is well-known. Not only for the Sanford Stakes run at the racetrack, but for the Sanford Stable on Nelson Avenue. Of the original farm - which had success for over 100 years - only a few of the original barns remain. I had the extreme pleasure of photographing them in the summer of 2014 on a perfect day just as the sun was setting, casting a golden glow over the weathered wood frames.
• PRINTS: Created on premium, archival luster-finish paper (not glossy). Standard, easy-to-frame sizes. Framing required.
• MATTED PRINTS: Arrive ready to frame, pre-mounted with an archival, 4-ply white mat with backing. Ready to pop into a frame. Great gift presentation! Framing required: Matted 5x7 fits 8x10 frame | Matted 8x10 fits 11x14 frame | Matted 11x14 fits 16x20 frame | Matted 16x20 fits 20x24 frame.
• READY TO HANG CANVAS: Archival canvas print is professionally wrapped around 3/4" or 1.5" deep wooden stretcher frame with pre-installed hanging wire. 3/4" canvas wraps have an open back, 1.5" have a solid back.
• READY TO HANG PLAQUES: Archival luster-finish print is heat mounted to 3/8” deep wood substrate with white beveled edge (black available by request) and keyhole hanger. Finished with a matte, non-glare protective coating.
• WOOD SIGNS: Image is printed directly onto premium laminated baltic birch plywood with a textured, rustic finish. 1/4" exposed beveled edge and keyhole hanger. No two the same, due to the unique characteristics of the wood. Solid, not planked.
View images of products here
Canvas, plaques & wood signs ship to US addresses only, please.