Selecting a Size
When choosing your artwork size, my advice is to always make your selection based on the amount of space you need to fill. My room displays offer suggestions, but everyone's space is different!
Just as you wouldn't choose a paint color without trying some samples, you shouldn't guess what size artwork you need. I suggest trimming blank paper in various sizes to tape up on the wall and see what fills the space nicely. I think many of us have it in our heads (from school picture days, perhaps?) that a 5x7 is "normal" and an 8x10 is "big." In reality, both sizes are quite small.
A comparison chart of some of my more popular sizes:
(Sizes shown indicate print size, not framed size. Mats are available, framing is not included.)
The other thing to keep in mind is matting and framing add to the finished size, canvas is true to size, and plaques and wood add very little.
All of my products are offered in industry-standard sizes, with custom sizes always available by request:
- Luster-Finish Unframed Prints are true-to-size, full bleed, as listed (no borders unless requested)
- 5x7 Matted Prints have a 1.75" wide mat & fit 8x10 Frames
- 8x10 Matted Prints have a 2.25" wide mat & fit 11x14 Frames
- 11x14 Matted Prints have a 3.25" wide mat & fit 16x20 Frames
- 16x20 Matted Prints have a 2.25" wide mat & fit 20x24 Frames
- Canvas Wraps are true to size
- Beveled-Edge Plaques are true-to-size plus (+) a 3/8” Beveled Edge
- Solid Wood Signs are true-to-size plus (+) a 1/4” Beveled Wood Edge
(a grouping of 11x14" prints with mats & frames)
(a single 30x40" canvas over a king-sized bed)
When in doubt, just ask! Quality artwork is an investment, and I'm always available to offer input and advice.
For some other ideas, be sure to follow my 'Displaying your Art' Pinterest board!